“Life’s Short, Eat Desert First!” Eggs
I haven’t written to you all in a week! I feel deprived!! I know, it almost sounds backwards, right? I don’t write, so I’m the one feeling deprived? But the truth is that over the past 6 months, I’ve built a great relationship with a good number of you readers, and I honestly miss that discourse on the days that I don’t have a chance to write. In a normal week, when I put together 4 or 5 posts, it’s really no big deal. But after a full 9 days (a week, with both weekends) of no writing, I miss both the writing, and the interaction. I’m not one for too much mushy sentimental stuff, so you’re not likely to hear this often, but I don’t mind giving credit where it’s due. And credit is due. You all make this experience worth the effort. And you do such a good job, it turns out, that I miss you and writing when I don’t have time.
So, why didn’t I have time to do any blogging and writing? Because I was moving! My wife and I have been living a great life in a decent apartment. But our lease was up this year, and rather than renew it to continue to live a great life in a decent apartment, we decided to shop around a bit and see if we could find a great apartment to match our life. Fortunately, for within 5% of our current rent, we found an apartment that suits our needs wonderfully! And more germane to the blog, the kitchen is perfect for Video Blogging! I’ve been groaning and griping that I couldn’t do a Vlog post for a while now, since my previous kitchen was seriously unworthy… but no more! Look out UPC followers, because Vlogs will start to show up regularly! I am really hoping to be able to pump out a few amateurish Vlogs over the next month, really get my feet wet with Vlogging, and then I’ll bring in some big guns and really get set up for a great Vlogging experience! We’ll see… But either way, it’s coming!
“Life’s Short, Eat Desert First” Eggs; What you’ll need:
- 4 Soy-Free Eggs (hard to find, but SO worth the effort!)
- 6-8 Crimini Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large Organic Sweet Potato, 1-inch cubes
- 2 large Organic Carrots, 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons Shredded Organic Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Optional Spices: Allspice, Nutmeg, Cinnamon (I do not recommend using all of them; Nutmeg is a GREAT choice for the first try!)
1. Add the mushrooms, sweet potato, carrots and coconut oil to a pan and cook on medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes of cook time, add the shredded coconut and the spice you’re going to use to the pan and mix thoroughly.
As mentioned above: for your first attempt, choose only one spice, and use sparingly. Experiment with the recipe after you’ve tried it with only one spice.
3. Once the shredded coconut is mixed in well, pour the eggs over the top of the mixture, and mix thoroughly.
4. Turn the heat up to medium-high and continue to mix the eggs until cooked to your desirable consistency. And Enjoy!
- I don’t do a lot of desserts – would you like to see more of them?
- What kinds of desserts would you be most interested in seeing?
- Is there a specific SAD dessert that you love, and don’t know how to make Paleo? Send it along, and let’s see if there’s something I can do!