- Salad mix, your favorite (for this flavor, I prefer Arugula)
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 4-6 Button Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Parsnip, chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary
- 1-2 Limes, cut in half and squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a salad bowl, add all ingredients and mix.
- Squeeze the lime(s) over the salad.
- Add the olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly
- Serve and enjoy!
I’ve used this several times, but this has served me quite well as a compliment to rich and savory meals. Here are how I have used it and what I had to say about it in the past:
- Paleo “Greek” Ground Beef, Twisted Greens, Mushroom Tapenade
- Herb Roasted Pork Shoulder, Olive Oil Tossed Toasted Vegetables, UPC Twisted Greens
This side salad is quite simple, and quite tasty. It will compliment the “Greek” ground beef very well. This is similar to a full salad meal recipe I make called the “Twisted Salad”, but as a side salad, I will use fewer ingredients, and will tone back the flavors a bit so that it’s not too primary in it’s flavoring. That said, if you want to scale up the flavor a bit, feel free to add any of the following optional ingredients: Parsnips (chopped), Cilantro, Ginger. Again, the flavor of this side salad should be supporting, not primary for this meal, so use the strong flavor ingredients sparingly.