What’s For Breakfast? Paleo Chocolate-Bar Omelet

ChocolateCoconutPlatanosMadurosOmelet

UPC’s Paleo Chocolate Bar Omelet

I’m a very playful guy. I love to run, jump, spin… There are few things in the world that are more gratifying to me than attempting something, and failing. Don’t ask me why, I don’t really have a good answer; though I am certain that it’s related to my “muchness” as Johnny Depp so adroitly described Alice’s childlike wonder and fearlessness in Alice In Wonderland. But landing flat on my butt in green grass under a blue sky after an awesome attempt at something both exciting and stupid is precisely what I envision when I think of “what would I rather be doing right now?” Except when I’m blogging, of course. This, much to my surprise and delight, has not turned out to be me, rubbing my butt as I stand up off the grass and attempt to figure out how to do it right the next time.

My playfulness translates in to the kitchen as well. I like to play with ingredients, experiment, and actually just being playful in general. I’m a very playful guy, and I can’t think of a time in my life when I didn’t want to spend time being playful. Being playful in the kitchen is somewhat more challenging; there are rules in there, sharp instruments and objects, dangerous surfaces… But my playfulness will not be overcome!
I’ve been spending a lot of time experimenting with cocoa nibs recently. They’re a touchy flavor, and so I’ve been hesitant with them for a long time. Now I look back and wonder “what took me so long?” As touchy a flavor as they are in the raw, they turn out to be amazingly adept at blending their savory chocolate goodness with just about anything I’ve managed to throw their way!

UPC’s Paleo Chocolate Bar Omelet; What you’ll need:

• 4 eggs (Use the good stuff if possible)
  • 2 tablespoons Cocoa Nibs
  • 2 tablespoons Shredded Coconut
  • 1 Baked Sweet Plantain, chopped (prepare your Baked Maduros ahead of time)
  • 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil

Serves: 2
Prep and Cook time: 40 minutes

1. In a pot, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, the cocoa nibs, and the chopped maduros. Cook on medium-low heat, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.

2. Add the shredded coconut to the pot, and continue to cook while you make the omelet. Continue to stir regularly.

3. Heat up the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil in an omelet pan on medium-high heat.

4. Pour the eggs in to the pan and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes.

5. When the eggs are about 2/3 cooked, or about 2-3 minutes after adding them to the omelet pan, pour the cocoa nibs, shredded coconut, and sweet plantain mixture on to one side of the omelet. Continue to cook, covered, until the omelet is fully cooked through.

6. Serve, and enjoy!

0 thoughts on “What’s For Breakfast? Paleo Chocolate-Bar Omelet

• Pingback: What’s For Breakfast? Paleo Chocolate-Bar Omelet | Paleo Digest

urbanpaleochef

Yeah, it worked out really nicely! I was unsure if it was going to be a hit; but once I tasted it, I loved it!!

Hari Qhuang

I once had a lychee fruit dipped in dark chocolate and rolled on roasted shredded coconut. It was heaven in a bite!
        This idea to combine coconut and cocoa in an omelet is just wonderful! Can’t wait to try it!

urbanpaleochef

Wow, that sounds SO good! I really like Lychee a lot; and I can only imagine how delicious that would be!!

• Hari Qhuang

I will try to ask around for the recipe. I think one of my friends made it (well, the box is NOT fancy at all, I don’t think it is bought from a store). :D

GiGi Eats Celebrities

Definitely a unique take on eggs ;) SADLY I can no longer eat eggs so I am just sitting over here looking at your photo and pouting!

GiGi Eats Celebrities

My doctor told me NO EGGS – my entire family has an allergy to them, however, we are all sort of in denial but I haven’t had ANY egg since January!!!!

urbanpaleochef

I wonder if your family’s allergy is relative to the food that the chicken was fed. It would be interesting to see if some of these higher quality eggs would upset your stomach, or affect you at all. Or maybe some non-chicken eggs… Anyway, since you’re not going there, maybe I can come up with a non-egg way of cooking an omelet-like meal. But I’ll have to think on that…

urbanpaleochef

If it makes you feel any better, I ran out of eggs yesterday and had a 1/2lb buffalo burger for breakfast this morning!

GiGi Eats Celebrities

That’s what I do every day! I eat meat for breakfast/lunch – or sauteed squid! Yesterday, SHAWARMA! :D

urbanpaleochef

Me too! Well, sort of. I usually eat two morning meals; so technically only one of them breaks my fast, and thus only one of them qualifies are breakfast… But usually my first morning meal is steak, smoked salmon, or sausage, and occasionally it’s ground beef or a burger. I eat that one shortly after getting out of bed, either before or after my workout, depending on what workout I’m doing.
          Typically my second morning meal is eggs or salad. And I eat that around 10 am.

• Pingback: Primal CacaoNut Omelette Recipe